Farm, Land, Acreage, Lots, Rural, Property Size, Description: SOLD
- Approx. 33 acres more or less
- Approx. ? to ? acres of creek bottom of which
- Approx. ? acres are creek bottom and
- Approx. More Photos Here KY Farm Photo 01 KY Farm Photo 02
- Balance in mountain side - forest - approx. ? to ? acres of mountain side
- Fields are maintained by a neighbor who cuts the fields for hay.
- Fertile alluvial soil. Great for organic farming, organic gardening, starting an organic farm.
- Farm is surrounded by mountains with sheer limestone cliffs, which offers a level of protection,
privacy, seclusion and peace and quiet.
- Bottoms are in pasture.
Water, Waterfront, Creek Front, Stream & River Frontage:
- Long Creek frontage on Miller's Creek, a tributary of the Kentucky River.
- A freshwater stream, creek, winds, crosses on the upriver, northern side of the property.
- The Kentucky River is great for sport fishing and recreational boating. Boat ramps are in the area.
- Great for viewing wildlife, birds, hawks, wild turkeys, deer. Great for hunting also.
- Please Note:
Although the farm is within the Boundaries of the Daniel Boone National Forest, all of
the land surrounding the farm is Privately Owned. There is Public Use National Forest Land
to the east and deeper into the mountains.
Farm House, Barn, Outbuildings, Well, Septic - FSBO:
- No house or outbuildings. The house site sets high and surrounded by trees.
- Electric and phone are available to the property.
- No plumbing.
- The house site is very high on the creek bank and is not prone to flooding.
- City Water is available to the property.
Nearest Towns, Cities, Hospitals, Shopping, Schools, Universities:
- The nearest town is Irvine, Kentucky which is about 11 to 12 miles. Irvine is the county seat of
Estill County. Irvine has a small hospital, supermarkets, fast foods, hardware, auto parts etc.
- The nearest large town is Richmond, Kentucky which is about 30 miles west. Richmond's has a
large hospital called Patty A. Clay. Richmond Kentucky is home to Eastern Kentucky University
and is a mecca of shopping, restaurants, nightclubs, supermarkets etc.
- The nearest large city is Lexington, Kentucky which is northwest of Irvine, Kentucky and a little
over an hour drive. Lexington is home to the University of Kentucky, UK and many large hospitals, Veterans Administration hospital, endless shopping, restaurants etc.
- The nearest really large cities would be Cincinnati, Ohio to the north; Knoxville, Tennessee to the south; Louisville, KY to the west.
Please Call for more info.
Latitude: 37° 40' 29'
Longitude: -83° 52' 35''
Location: 73 km SE of Lexington, Kentucky, United States